Sunday, April 25, 2010

End of Week 1!

Well I have completed a whole week of Green Smoothies! For me this is a major success. Although for many I am sure this isn't a big deal I am feeling very proud that I have managed to have a green smoothie every day for a week : ) I am certainly feeling the benefits in terms of more sustained energy and a better frame of mind.
This challenge is all about health for me, I recently suffered a bout of Mono and am trying to build up my immune system and regain some energy. This week is the first time in months that I have felt well. This is a change that I will be sticking with. I have gone from reluctantly squeezing down my first green smoothie to actively looking forward to one at breakfast time - in just a few days!
Like a few others have mentioned I need a bit more than a smoothie to keep my going all day, something else that I have added into my diet is Raw Energy Bars which I blogged about here. They are very quick and easy to make and very nutritious. They really help give me a sustained energy burn through the morning or afternoon which I find really important when I am dealing with the children and trying not to lose my cool at the end of a long day.
My goals for this week are:
Switch up ingredients - I've been changing my greens but not been too adventurous with fruits so I am aiming to try a few new things.
Add smoothies in prior to each meal - I'm hoping to reduce my intake of cooked foods this way and boost my feelings of energy and health.
Try a few other raw recipes - I seem to be hooked!
It is great to be doing this challenge with you all, I'm so glad that it is two weeks, one would not be enough!

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Thanks so much for the bar recipe! I am going to try it this week. Looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmalina, thanks for the recipe. It's great, isn't it, to be doing something so good for our bodies and so tasty! I'm new at it, too, and think it's going to become a way of life.

    ReplyDelete