Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 2

Awesome to hear that everyone's first few days are going so well! I am excited to try something new tomorrow morning. I still haven't switched up my greens yet- tomorrow I will purchase some kale and romaine. The lists of ingredients on here look so good. I DO find living in a redneck town that it is a little harder to find more "exotic" fruits and greens. But there are certainly enough to keep me going. At this point, I find I am definitely missing my favourite produce store in Mission, Fruits and Greens (you may have seen them in the 100 mile diet docos on CBC). Chilliwack has Hofstede's Barn, but it's not quite the same. :-(

I have noticed that I am feeling ravenous by lunchtime. Are there any ingredients that will have a little more staying power?

As for blood sugars, I took my blood sugar in the morning and it was perfect, but forgot my glucometer at home again, so I didn't get to track my sugars throughout the day. I don't know if I will get any significant results from the testing anyway. I think it would be more interesting to test a type 1 diabetic, type 2 diabetic, AND a pre-diabetic (like me).

Tomorrow's smoothie: spinach, mango, banana, pineapple. YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment